2.10.2014

the 12th "little lady"

Remember how a couple Sundays ago was the Superbowl?
Remember how the Seattle Seahawks destroyed the Denver Broncos?
Well, my father is a huge, and I mean HUGE fan of the Seahawks. 
We used to have season tickets to all of the home games and he would always take me to the game that was closest to my birthday (Dec 20th for all those who don't know ;) )
One time we went on Christmas Eve!
The cheerleaders had santa hats on - see!

the sea gals ;)

What makes the Seahawks even cooler is their dedication to their fans. 
They have an honorary flag they even fly on the south (??) end of the stadium that has the number 12 on it for the "12th man". 
For all those who don't know what that means: there are 11 guys on the field from each team, and the Seahawks have dubbed their fans as the "12th man" because they are a part of the team too! 
Not to mention the noise level of the fans definitely means they play a part in helping the Seahawks win games :)
So the 12th man is pretty much a huge thing when it comes to Seahawks football.
They even have this sweet plaque on the wall with life-sized helmets from every high school football team in the state! 

that circled spot right there that the arrow's pointing to... that's LaCenter's football helmet, where I graduated from school

But back to my dad being a die-hard Seahawks fan. 
I'm sad I couldn't watch the Superbowl with him because I'm sure it was quite entertaining to watch my father - he's quite animated during the games (yelling at the tv, hitting his fist on the computer desk, cheering and clapping, etc). 
He told me after the game that he thought his blood pressure was finally going down.
Could you imagine if it was a close game?! 
He'd have been going crazy. haha. 
Anyway.
Well since my father is such a fan, and since he loves his little granddaughter so much, he decided she needed to have her Seahawks' fan gear. 
It was time she become a "12th little lady"
I mean, she did watch a whole 5 minutes of the Superbowl, and was extremely into it! 
Even throwing her hands in the air after a great play!
Now, the next time the Seahawks play she will be in the proper attire to watch her granddaddy's team kick butt. 

plenty of growing room 
Brynlee Marie loves to stand! 
happy girl 

Oh, and she also got to dress up (on screen) as a pirate while talking to grandma & grandpa Harston tonight. 
I'd say she makes a stinkin' cute pirate as well :)
Thank you Google Hangouts for entertaining us during our video chat!



No comments:

Post a Comment